They went down on one knee. You accepted. The date has been fixed and you are eagerly counting the days until that second the ring is slipped on. Careful planning is key, to ensure this long-awaited day remains a happy memory for you and your guests.
Read our top 5 tips:
- Plan your venue – Once you have determined your budget, consider whether you’d like to host an indoor or outdoor reception. Remember to keep in mind the time of year. Outdoor events are fun and sought-after in late Spring and Summer. Not so in Winter. If you’ve decided on a rural location which is not easy for guests to get to, factor in costs for transport and maybe overnight accommodation.
- Design your wedding page – Create on Facebook a stylish wedding page containing pictures of your chosen venue, wedding invitation and other wedding-related information. Social Media is a great and free way to communicate simultaneously with the majority of your guests, keep them posted of eleventh-hour updates like additional transport options and help you easily keep track of last minute changes in the number of attendees.
- Choose your wedding entertainment – Wedding singing waiters mingling incognito with the crowds and breaking into song at a pre-agreed moment is a form of unique, interactive wedding entertainment that is sure to impress your guests, especially if the singers are West End, Broadway or Opera stars. The sky’s the limit when it comes to entertainment for weddings so start your research on this premises and find an agency that is able to work with your ideas and come up with a performance that is totally unique and tailored to your personality.
- Decide on your menu – If you decide to offer drinks, craft a signature cocktail. Your guests are sure to love this personal touch. When finalizing dishes, decide if you’d rather host a formal sit-down meal, present food buffet-style or serve a variety of tasty hors d’oeuvres that guests can munch as they stand to chat to each other.
- Craft or order favors – Handmade or unusual, bespoke favors such as love knot wine stoppers and antique key bottle openers, given personally to guests as they depart or left in a white frilled box near the exit door make perfect mementos. Rope in a few special friends and spend a fun evening making these or order in bulk.
In addition to the above, there are many other aspects to be decided, like the type of music to play, whether to have dancing, if lawn games are a good idea and so on.
Feeling overwhelmed? Consider contacting a wedding planner reputed for organizing exceptional weddings and….breathe.